Sunday, July 6, 2008

July Fourth weekend




Rilla, Sara, and Katie arrived about lunchtime on the 3rd! Torie was here and Sara was really excited about that. I cooked a roast with all the fixins' along with fresh fried squash, crowder peas, corn on the cob, tomatoes, cucumbers, mac and cheese and corn bread with home made banana pudding for dinner! Dan and Nelda whom I have known from my old Irondale neighborhood were able to come over for dinner too to meet the girls! We had so much fun!


On July 4th we went to Rita and Bob's house for the traditional July 4th celebration ! The food and pool was wonderful but having all the family together was even better! We stayed until late afternoon and had leftovers for dinner!


July 5th they all left for Pell City to visit with Papa and GG on the lake and ride in their new boat!




I started a project of organizing my bathroom! Man I could open a store! Almost finished and even managed to get two bags of clothes from my closet for Goodwill during the process! It feels "lighter" in the house already!




Well the end of a great celebration is coming to and end and I'll be back at work in a.m. It was good to watch IN Touch today with Newt Gingrich with a wonderful message about the true meaning of July 4th and all the hardships and struggles our forefathers endured and our responsibility to continue upholding the Godly values and morals on which America was built and what our forefathers foresaw! God Bless America!


No comments: